letter S IMG_5559_3 letter i big E letter N C e60

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

11 Tools Reflections

1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.

My favorite new tools would have to be PhotoStory and Animoto. These programs were so simple to use but had a magnificent outcome. I would use these in my classroom as a way that the students could choose to present their project. I'm just glad I have a new tool that I can use rather than using a PowerPoint presentation.

2. How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom?

Last year in my classroom I used technology frequently in my room, whether I was using the C.O.W. or having them work on the SMARTBoard but now I feel like I really have something to work with. I did several research projects back to back last year and couldn't figure out how to change them up technologically speaking. Now I feel like I have tons of ways to incorporate it into my room to keep the students actively engaged in what they are learning.


3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I must say that for someone who considered herself very technologically up to date, there was a lot about the Internet that I had no idea about! I was really surprised about all of the really cool programs and tools that it has to offer and how easy they are to navigate.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations - you made it!! Sounds like your bag of tricks has been expanded by this experience. I know what you mean when you say there's so much out there to learn - and it will continue to grow every day. That's what makes technology so exciting! Have fun!

    Millie

    ReplyDelete